I was never a fan of Starhub but as my ORD (and the end of my mobile phone contract) draws near, the K750i beckons. In the newspapers it whispers to me, tempting me with its sleek curves and 2.0MP camera. When I read that Singtel finally slashed its price of the K750i to $368 I rejoiced! Jubilation! It'd be only awhile more before it finally falls within my $300 budget. Then, as an act of defiance, Starhub reared its evil head.
"The K750i, now
Japan Trip Planning
5 days to the Japan trip and planning is still ongoing. They say that going on a holiday is supposed to be relaxing but somehow there's still a lot of planning involved when you're going "free and easy." Double that when you're going to a country where you're unfamiliar with the language.
I can't believe myself, I'm actually compiling a folder with all the necessary maps and information. I think some bits of the army have permanently rubbed off on me. But I must say that there's a sense of achievment when a holiday is well planned. It's a good feeling knowing that you didn't waste time during the trip thinking of what to do next or eating Mcdonalds because you couldn't think of other options.
One thing that I'm particulary looking forward on the Japan trip is the hot springs [don't try anything funny JJ ;) ] and the trip to Hakone where I can finally experience some nice Japanese scenery in person. It's just not the same seeing fantastic scenery on Japan Hour.
ORD Blues
2 months to ORD and counting. One thing about being an NSF is that you don't really need to think about the future. Just do your crap, get your allowance and rinse, recycle and repeat. Then when ORD comes around, they remove your allowance and throw you out in the wilderness.
Most people will be glad to ORD but to be honest, I'm feeling a little down as it's basically the end of another chapter in my life. My bosses have been basically pretty nice to me during my time in the army and overall, the experience wasn't as painful as I thought it'd be.
Anyway, mushiness aside... It's job hunting once I get back from Japan. I need the money...
No comments:
Post a Comment