I decided to go running after my SIM classes today. I planned out a route which I've never been to before and set off. The run basically takes me past Buona Vista MRT towards Singapore Poly.
On the map the route was pretty standard. A straight road all the way with no questions asked. Unfortunately things look different at night, very different. After running past Buona Vista MRT there was this very dense patch of "forest" next to the walking path. There was not a soul in sight and the road was strangely almost void of cars. As I ran further the foliage seemed to block out more and more of the light from the street lamps to the extent that some of the path was totally void of any light whatsoever.
I started to get this pretty errie feeling and the blackness of the foliage didn't help. I was half expecting this pair of arms to burst out and drag me kicking and screaming into the darkness. The "seventh month" isn't over yet is it?
I kept running. I think fear made me run faster. Don't think, just run... run faster..... I made sure I completed the route, turned back and ran as quickly as I could through the dark path till I finally got to a brighter lit area.
Time to look for another route.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment