Whoa... I didn't blog for a few days because basically NOTHING eventful happened. I'm just caught up in my usual, work-class-sleep-computer cycle. It's pretty sad yes but it's reality and it'd probably get more drab after I ORD and find a job. I've always been seeing myself as becoming like Keanu Reeves in The Matrix, wearing a black suit and tie and hiding in my cubicle typing up dry reports day in day out. Just another drone in the system with no life till the weekend. Well lucky for Keanu Reeves he finds a way out of the matrix while I don't see my "Trinity" coming anytime soon.
Just a thought, why don't we convert to a 4 day work week? Two days of break is awfully short don't you think? Before you can catch your breath it's a Monday again and back to the grind. So in order to improve everybody's well being why don't we enact this system worldwide? Then we won't need to worry about people in Country X working harder than Country Y because they work 5 days a week while we only work 4. It would seriously save a lot of people from "death by overwork," reduce stress levels and improve the birthrate as people have more time for relaxation and raising families. Sure the latest handphone models won't get churned out as fast as they used to but I guess I can live with that.
The weekend nears people! Cheers!
Thursday, September 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would rather not work at all :P
and enjoy a 7 day weekend .. before you know it. The weekends are over and another begins :)
but of course that is impossible. So the next best alternative is to earn shitloads of money and retire early. haha ... but then of course reality intrudes ...
Back to work ... Keanu!!
Post a Comment