Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Army Half Marathon

Alright, I figure I should blog about how the run went. To set things straight, me and One Star ran the 6km route while JJ and Mr Mak ran the full 21km route.

It was my first time participating in a such a large scale marathon before so I was overwhelmed by the crowd. According to the newspapers 60,000 people attended the run so the place was flooded with NSFs from every single army camp you can imagine and the public. It was like an ants nest moving house or something and the route got so choked up with people that we were even forced to walk for awhile.

My goal was to run from start to finish non-stop. I've been training so I was pretty confident that I could pull it off... but maybe it was the heat, or the sheer multitude of people or it was just not a good day. By the 4th km, or was it the 3rd km mark I had to stop. My sides were aching and I was exhausted... One Star kept on going... I lost him in the crowd. Gotta hand it to that guy as he basically didn't stop running.

After a few bouts of walking and running I was at the last 600m mark when I caught sight of One Star! I couldn't believe it so I sprinted the rest of the way and he arrived at the finish line shortly after. It was a pretty disappointing run anyhow... Well, gotta train harder for next years AHM!



If you strike 4D after buying my number don't forget to SHARE your winnings with me!!!

No comments: