Friday, August 19, 2005

Gimme 3 "Set As"

Woohooo I'm back! Feeling tired but feeling pretty satisfied for a Friday night out.

Since my parents were heading off to their own dinner function I decided to join Jeremy and his two friends for dinner. We dined at "Shimbashi Soba" at Paragon which was quite an upmarket restaurant which specialises in their handmade soba. Three of us decided to be adventuress and tried the "A set." Yes. 3 of the exact same sets.. lol!! XD while jeremy tried some cold soba noodles with stewed duck.

The "Set A" was basically a bowl of cold noodles, 3 slices of raw salmon and a few pieces of teriyaki chicken and some fried "fish patties." Having been prepared by authentic Japanese chefs the presentation of the meal looked like a work of art. I couldn't help but take a picture of the meal before tucking in. (Note: My phone camera sucks. This picture does not do the meal justice!)


Overall, you can certainly taste the quality of the food. The handmade noodles indeed taste very much fresher than the mass produced machine made soba noodles. I'd probably go back there again when I feel like giving myself a treat. Oh yeah, did I mention that they even provide you an "instruction menu" of how to fully immerse yourself into enjoying your soba?


Another fun point to note of the day: Certain drink machines accept ezlink cards for payment. So if you're out of coins, just tap your ezlink card and the drink is yours! Never die of thirst again!!

No comments: